USA & Canada 2013: Majestic Alaska 2013
Tour Type: Western Canada and Alaska Discovery
Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2013
Experience the pristine wilderness, dramatic glaciers and enchanting communities that make up this majestic Alaskan tour. From the abundant wildlife at the Kenai Fjords National Park, you'll get the chance to meet champion Iditarod dogs, visit indigenous villages and explore Anchorage, Alaska's largest city. Discover the scenic beauty and delightful towns of this magnificent destination on this tour of a lifetime.Sightseeing Highlights
- Fairbanks Stop at a wooden bowl mill; take a paddlewheel boat down the Tanana and Chena Rivers; visit an Athabascan village and meet Native Alaskans.
- Denali National Park Spend two relaxing nights in one of Alaska's most popular destinations; journey on a wilderness excursion; enjoy the Denali Dinner Theatre.
- Alaska Railroad Ride the rails through Alaska's pristine wilderness.
- Anchorage Explore Alaska's largest city; stop at an ulu knife factory; learn about Alaska's first people at the Alaska Native Heritage Centre; visit the Alaska rehabilitation centre.
- Kenai Fjords National Park Cruise this National Park filled with dramatic glaciers and abundant wildlife.
- Seward Discover one of Alaska's oldest and most delightful towns; travel the scenic Seward Highway, a designated All-American Road.
First Class Travel Highlights
- 7 full breakfasts
- 2 lunches including:
- 1 plated lunch and ??1 box lunch
- 4 evening meals:
- Welcome Reception with light appetisers and drinks with your Travel Director in Fairbanks
- Salmon Bake Highlight Dinner with wine in Fairbanks
- Highlight Dinner and wine with show in Denali National Park
- Farewell Dinner with wine in Anchorage
- First class hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach with reclining seats and onboard restroom
- The services of one of our professional Travel Directors throughout your journey
- Train journey aboard the Alaska Railroad from Denali National Park to Anchorage
- 7 nights First Class accommodation for land-only guests
- Airport transfers are provided on Day 1 and Day 8
- Complimentary keepsake photo and My Journey book
- For all guided visits and included sightseeing
|Call (414) 271-4884 for more information or to book today! Mention code 11227205|
|Offer valid through 6/30/2013|
|Day 1||Fairbanks||ARRIVE FAIRBANKS (2 NIGHTS): Welcome to Fairbanks! Spend the afternoon getting settled in at your hotel or do a little sightseeing on you own. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception. (Welcome Reception)|
River's Edge Resort
|Day 2||Fairbanks||FAIRBANKS SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME: Visit a workshop where local artisans carve Alaskan Birch Bowls, a Local Speciality. Then, board a paddlewheel riverboat on a journey to a re-created Athabascan village where you can meet and talk with native Alaskans. Visit the kennel of the late Iditarod champion Susan Butcher and hear a Local Expert recount tales about life as a senior handler on the trail. Enjoy some free time to explore Fairbanks on your own. Tonight, enjoy a Salmon Bake Highlight Dinner. (Full Breakfast / Highlight Dinner)|
|Day 3||Denali National Park||FAIRBANKS - DENALI NATIONAL PARK (2 NIGHTS): Wind your way through the scenic Tanana River Valley on your way to snowcapped Mount McKinley-at 6,194 metres (20,320 feet), it is the highest peak in North America and the centrepiece of Denali National Park. Settle into your hotel and delve into Denali's lively history at a Highlight Dinner and show at the Denali Dinner Theatre. (Full Breakfast / Highlight Dinner)|
Denali Bluffs Hotel (First Class)
|Day 4||Denali National Park||DENALI NATIONAL PARK SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME: Perhaps take an optional morning rafting trip or a guided hike; then immerse yourself in the untouched wilderness of Denali as your guide helps you spot local wildlife such as moose, bear and caribou. Enjoy a light box lunch before heading back for an afternoon of free time. (Full Breakfast / Lunch)|
|Day 5||Anchorage||DENALI - ALASKA RAILROAD - ANCHORAGE (2 NIGHTS): Enjoy a morning on your own before boarding the famous Alaska Railroad for the scenic journey to Anchorage. Relax in your comfortable reclining seat or visit the panoramic vista dome car as onboard experts discuss the spectacular landscapes of Hurricane Gulch and Indian River Canyon. Arriving in Anchorage, enjoy the evening on your own. (Full Breakfast)|
Quality Inn and Suites Airport (Moderate First Class)
|Day 6||Anchorage||ANCHORAGE SIGHTSEEING AND FREE TIME: Explore Anchorage's historic downtown district and view the scenic shores of Cook Inlet. Stop at the Ulu Factory for a Local Speciality, an introduction to the semicircular ulu knife developed by the Inuit people. Visit the Alaska Native Heritage Centre where you can walk along wooded paths past indigenous villages and meet with natives from different parts of the state. After some free time, join your newfound friends at a Farewell Dinner and toast to your Alaskan adventure. (Full Breakfast / Farewell Dinner)|
|Day 7||Seward||ANCHORAGE - KENAI FJORDS NATIONAL PARK - SEWARD: Visit a wildlife rehabilitation centre with a guide before embarking on a sightseeing cruise into the heart of Kenai Fjords National Park. Enjoy a prime rib and salmon lunch while enjoying the views of abundant wildlife and magnificent glaciers. Then, bid farewell to your travelling companions sailing off on the Holland America Line. (Full Breakfast / Lunch)|
BW Edgewater Hotel (Moderate First Class)
|Day 8||Depart Anchorage||SEWARD - DEPART ANCHORAGE: Enjoy the morning on your own before returning to Anchorage. Stops will be made at Anchorage International Airport and the hotel in Anchorage for guests extending their stay. Please do not schedule any flights before 6 p.m. (Full Breakfast)|
|- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.|
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class