USA & Canada 2012: Adventures In The Wild Northwest 2012
Tour Type: Family Experiences
Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2012
Brace yourself for an exciting family adventure as you embark on a thrilling jet boat ride on Gold Beach. Admire a living museum of soaring trees and ride a dune buggy through sand dunes in Oregon. Enjoy the city sights of San Francisco, Portland and Seattle while experiencing the natural wonders of volcanic Mount St. Helens and the rugged coast of Olympic National Park.Sightseeing Highlights
- San Francisco Walk across the Golden Gate Bridge with your Travel Director.
- Richardson Grove Join your Travel Director for a walk through the amazing coastal redwoods.
- Avenue of the Giants Drive through this living museum of stunning trees.
- Eureka Admire some of the nation's finest historic Victorian homes.
- Redwood National Park Marvel at the redwood trees in this UNESCO site.
- Gold Beach Board a jet boat for a thrilling exploration of the Rogue River.
- Oregon Dunes Explore sand dunes on a fun dune buggy ride.
- Heceta Head View this famous lighthouse located in a spectacular setting.
- Newport Visit the renowned Oregon Coast Aquarium.
- Yaquina Head Explore the shoreline's tidepools and search for marine life.
- Portland See the city's highlights and International Rose Test Garden.
- Mount St Helens Stop at the Visitor Center and learn about this volcano.
- Olympic National Park Explore the Hoh Rainforest and view Lake Crescent.
- Puget Sound Enjoy superb views while cruising this waterway.
- Seattle See the city's sights and take a trip up the Space Needle.
- Audio Headsets For all guided visits and included sightseeing.
First Class Travel Highlights
- Kick-off Party with your Tour Director in San Francisco.
- 8 full breakfasts.
- 3 three-course dinners.
- Farewell Dinner with drinks in Seattle.
- First class hotel accommodation featuring twin rooms and private facilities
- All hotel service charges and tips, baggage handling fees and local taxes included
- Travel by luxury air-conditioned coach
- The services of one of our professional Travel Directors throughout your journey
- Qualified Local Guides in Athens and Delphi.
- Souvenir Photo Capture treasured memories of your trip with a complimentary group photo taken at a landmark location.
- A stylish wallet, travel documents, keepsake booklet and map
- Just 4 Kids Surprise Pack.
- Airport transfers are provided on Day 1 and Day 9.
- Capture treasured memories of your trip with a complimentary group photo taken at a landmark location.
|Call (414) 271-4884 for more information or to book today! Mention code 10215952|
|Day 1||San Francisco||ARRIVE SAN FRANCISCO: Welcome to San Francisco! Take your complimentary transfer to the tour hotel. This afternoon, meet your Tour Director who can answer any questions you may have about the exciting days ahead. Get a real San Francisco treat and dive into exploring on your own at nearby Pier 39, the famed marketplace filled with shops, attractions and street performers angling for oohs, aahs and cheers from the crowd. Be sure to visit the Sea Lebrities, the pier's resident sea lion population. At 6 p.m., get together with your fellow adventurers and Tour Director at a festive Kick-off Party.|
Hyatt at Fisherman's Wharf (Superior First Class)
|Day 2||Garberville||SAN FRANCISCO - RICHARDSON GROVE STATE PARK - GARBERVILLE: What better way to get a taste of San Francisco than by crossing the Golden Gate Bridge, one of the world's most recognizable landmarks. If you and the family are up for a walk, grab your cameras and join your Tour Director for a stroll across this impressive feat of engineering. Learn all about the bridge and why it's not painted gold - despite its name! Then, travel through the rolling hills of California's Wine Country and stop at Richardson Grove State Park for your first encounter with the giants of the forest, the mighty redwoods. Follow trails that meander among these towering redwoods and amaze your friends with photos of yourself walking straight through a tree! (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
Benbow Hotel (Superior First Class)
|Day 3||Gold Beach||GARBERVILLE - REDWOOD NATIONAL PARK - GOLD BEACH: Get in touch with your inner green spirit as you travel along the Avenue of the Giants, one of America's most spectacular roads and best display of giant California redwoods. Step back in time in Eureka, a quaint 19th-century Victorian town built during the height of the region's logging boom. Next, drive through Northern California Redwood National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site with trees more than 1,000 years old and over 300 feet tall. Anticipation mounts as you cross into Oregon and step aboard a high-speed jet boat for a thrilling ride on the Rogue River. This Congress-designated 'National Wild and Scenic River' tumbles and roars from high in the Cascade Range to the shores of the Pacific and is home to tons of native wildlife. Keep an eye out for black bear, river otter, black-tail deer, bald eagles, great blue heron and Canada geese, all commonly seen along the river! (Full Breakfast)|
Jot's Resort (First Class)
|Day 4||Gleneden Beach||GOLD BEACH - OREGON DUNES - GLENEDEN BEACH (2 NIGHTS): Gear up for the trip to Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, a natural wonder of endless shifting sand, unique tree islands and lots of interesting creatures. Hop in a dune buggy for an exhilarating ride up and down these expansive tracts of sand. Then stop at Heceta Head, a beautiful 19th-century lighthouse that casts its beam some 21 miles out to sea, before continuing north to Gleneden Beach. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
Salishan Spa & Golf Resort (Deluxe)
|Day 5||Newport||NEWPORT SIGHTSEEING - FREE TIME: Kick off your shoes, roll up your pants and wade in the Yaquina Head tide pools for a captivating search for hermit crabs, sea urchins, anemones, sea stars and even the occasional octopus! Your next look at sea life is even cooler, because you're headed to the Oregon Coast Aquarium - named one of America's 'Most Awesome Aquariums' by Forbes magazine. Come face-to-face with sharks and bat rays in Passages of the Deep - an acrylic walk-through tunnel surrounded by water. With your leisure time this afternoon, maybe explore Newport's historic waterfront or join an optional Sea Life Cruise; keep an eye out for sea life and marine birds as the onboard naturalist tells you all about your surroundings. (Full Breakfast)|
|Day 6||Portland||GLENEDEN BEACH - TILLAMOOK - PORTLAND: Better get moo-ving, because you're to Tillamook, a city synonymous with the dairy industry. Get the scoop on dairy products during a tour of the Tillamook Creamery and learn about dairy cows. Then you'll be treated to a fresh waffle cone filled high with your choice of 35 delicious flavours of Tillamook Ice Cream. Next, journey to Portland, where you'll enjoy a city orientation, complete with a stop at the International Rose Test Garden. (Full Breakfast)|
Portland Marriott City Center (Superior First Class)
|Day 7||Olympic National Park||PORTLAND - OLYMPIC NATIONAL PARK: Today you'll visit the award-winning Mount St. Helens Visitors , dedicated to the active Ring-of-Fire volcano that erupted in 1980. Learn about the legendary blast - an eruption so colossal that it spewed ash into 11 states - as you watch a reenactment of the event and experience interactive exhibits such as a step-in volcano model and working seismograph. After being blown away by Mount St. Helens, venture west to the rugged coast of Olympic National Park. A UNESCO World Heritage Site and International Biosphere Reserve, the park contains no fewer than three distinct ecosystems. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
Kalaloch Lodge (National Park Lodges)
|Day 8||Seattle||OLYMPIC NATIONAL PARK - SEATTLE: Enter the beautiful Hoh Rainforest, one of the world's few (as well as the largest) temperate rainforests and trek to the eerie 'Hall of Mosses' with trees and branches dripping with moss. Then make a stop at dazzling Lake Crescent before leaving Olympic National Park. Sensational views of the Seattle skyline unfold before you as you make your way by ferry across Puget Sound into the Emerald City. Once ashore in this hip and vibrant town, stop at the historic Pike Place Market, the nation's oldest farmers market, where the fish fly low - from one fishmonger's hands to the next! No visit to Seattle would be complete without making the trip to the top of the Space Needle, the iconic landmark of the great Pacific Northwest. This evening, kick up your heels at a fun-filled Farewell Dinner party - here's to your exciting Northwest adventures and newfound friends! (Full Breakfast / Farewell Dinner)|
Red Lion Hotel on Fifth Avenue (Superior First Class)
|Day 9||Depart Seattle||DEPART SEATTLE: Time to bid farewell to your fellow adventurers as you take your complimentary transfer to Seattle International Airport. (Full Breakfast)|
|All prices are per person, twin share.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class