USA & Canada 2012: Great East Coast Cities 2012
Tour Type: Eastern Southern USA and Cross Continent
Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2012
Discover the spectacular cities of the east coast of the USA with this fascinating itinerary. Visit the iconic White House and Washington Monument, pause for a poignant moment at the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall in Philadelphia and soak up Colonial history in Boston. Take in all the iconic American landmarks as well as experience these unique and celebrated cities.Sightseeing Highlights
- Washington D C Join a Local Guide and explore the main attractions; take pictures of the White House, view the Capitol, Washington Monument and visit the Lincoln and World War II Memorials.
- Arlington National Cemetery Learn about the final resting place of the nation's heroes aboard a narrated Tourmobile.
- Philadelphia Explore Independence National Historic Park, including the Liberty Bell. View Independence Hall where the Declaration of Independence was adopted and where the United States Constitution was drafted.
- New York City Enjoy a locally guided tour of the city's famous attractions including Battery Park and views of the Statue of Liberty, the former site of the World Trade Center and future home of the Freedom Tower. Look out on it all from the Top of the Rock observation deck.
- Boston Explore Boston's sites and the Freedom Trail with a Hop-on/Hop-off pass.
- Newport Tour the Vanderbilts' opulent mansion, The Breakers.
- Audio Headsets For all guided visits and included sightseeing.
First Class Travel Highlights
- Welcome Reception with your Travel Director in Washington, D.C.
- 7 full breakfasts.
- 2 Highlight Dinners with wine in Washington, D.C. and New York.
- Farewell Dinner with wine in Boston.
- Includes all First Class features.
- A qualified Local Guide in Washington, D.C. and New York City.
- Capture treasured memories of your trip with a complimentary group photo taken at a landmark location.
|Call (414) 271-4884 for more information or to book today! Mention code 10215874|
|Day 1||Washington, DC||ARRIVE WASHINGTON, D.C. (2 NIGHTS): Welcome to Washington, D.C. Your leisurely exploration of America's favourite East Coast metropolises begins in the nation's capital. A complimentary transfer is provided to the tour hotel where your Travel Director will be on hand to greet you and answer any questions you may have about the exciting days ahead. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.|
|Day 2||Washington, DC||WASHINGTON, D.C. SIGHTSEEING & AT LEISURE: Immerse yourself in the proud heritage of a nation today as you view the White House, the striking Washington Monument and the sprawling National Mall. Reflect on the country's most turbulent days at the Lincoln Memorial and the somber World War II memorial. Step aboard a narrated Tourmobile to visit Arlington National Cemetery and learn about the final resting place of the nation's heroes. Visit President Kennedy's grave and the eternal flame and see the Tomb of the Unknowns. Enjoy the rest of the day at leisure to chart your own course through America's capital city-visit one of the Smithsonian Institution's renowned museums or stroll around Dupont Circle neighbourhood, designed by Pierre Charles L'Enfant just after the Civil War. This evening, join your Travel Director and travelling companions for a Highlight Dinner at a local restaurant. (Full Breakfast / Highlight Dinner)|
|Day 3||New York||WASHINGTON, D.C. - PHILADELPHIA - NEW YORK CITY (2 NIGHTS): Travel up the Atlantic seaboard to the City of Brotherly Love where you can walk in the footsteps of Benjamin Franklin. View Independence Hall and visit the Liberty Bell and enjoy some time on your own to explore the Independence National Historic Park. Then it's on to New York City. Take it easy or venture out to the pulsating streets of Times Square before a delicious Highlight Dinner at a Manhattan restaurant. (Full Breakfast / Highlight Dinner)|
Millennium Broadway Hotel New York (Superior First Class)
|Day 4||New York||NEW YORK CITY SIGHTSEEING & AT LEISURE: Take a bite of the Big Apple today on a tour of the city's highlights with a Local Guide. Spend a quiet moment as you view the site of the former World Trade Center and the construction site of the new Freedom Tower. See the towering Empire State Building, the mirrored peak of the iconic Chrysler Building and grand Central Park, designed by renowned landscape architect Frederick Law Olmsted. Visit Battery Park from where you can see the Statue of Liberty, a gift from the people of France. Then ride the elevator to the 'Top of the Rock,' the 70th floor of the Rockefeller Building, for a sweeping view of the skyscrapers, parks, rivers and urban canyons that make up the teeming isle of Manhattan. The afternoon and evening are yours to enjoy-take in a Broadway show, visit the American Museum of Natural History, or just explore the bustling streets, soaking up the atmosphere of one of the world's greatest cities. (Full Breakfast)|
|Day 5||Boston||NEW YORK CITY - BOSTON (3 NIGHTS): Boston is awash in history, from the Old North Church-made famous in Longfellow's poem about Paul Revere's midnight ride-to the Cambridge campus of Harvard University, the nation's oldest, founded just a few years after Boston itself. This afternoon, get to know Boston's most famous beer with a tour and tasting at the Samuel Adams Brewery. The rest of the evening is yours to walk the famous Freedom Trail, visit the waterfront or get to know the locals in a friendly pub. (Full Breakfast)|
Omni Parker House (Superior First Class)
|Day 6||Boston||BOSTON AT LEISURE: Follow your heart today in Boston. Rise early and hit the streets-or sleep late and enjoy a leisurely breakfast with a copy of the Boston Globe. Use your Hop-On, Hop-Off pass to explore many of the city's most famous sights. Stroll the green spaces of the Boston Common (and take a summer-time ride on one of the famous Swan Boats in the Public Garden), get lucky enough to catch a Red Sox game at Fenway Park, or discover the continental art collection at the lovely Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum, designed to resemble a 15th-century Venetian palace. If you like, cross the Charles River to Cambridge on an optional tour of Harvard University, America's oldest institute of higher learning. (Full Breakfast)|
|Day 7||Newport||NEWPORT EXCURSION: Once the destination of choice of the Vanderbilts, Astors and Carnegies of the world, the beautiful seaside town of Newport now offers aficionados of history a wealth of architectural landmarks and entertaining stories of life among the 19th-century rich and famous. See the rows of mansions along Ocean Drive before touring The Breakers, the 70-room Italianate palace Cornelius Vanderbilt called his 'cottage.' Step back in time from the Gilded Age to the founding of America at Plymouth Rock, where William Bradford and the Pilgrims on the Mayflower landed in 1620. Back in Boston, raise a glass with your newfound friends at a festive Farewell Dinner. (Full Breakfast / Farewell Dinner)|
|Day 8||Depart Boston||DEPART BOSTON: A complimentary transfer is provided to Boston Logan International Airport. (Full Breakfast)|
|All prices are per person, twin share.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class