USA and Canada 2012: Canada's Rockies and Rocky Mountaineer Redleaf 2012
Tour Type: Western Canada and Alaska
Brochure Type: USA and Canada 2012
Capture picturesque views of the Canadian Rockies on this exhilarating journey from Calgary to Banff. Ride the Ice Explorer at the Columbia Icefield then marvel at the waterfalls and rock formations of Jasper National Park. Explore the serene and tranquil Lake Louise and postcard-perfect scenery at the alpine resort town of Banff, all the while enjoying travel aboard the Rocky Mountaineer Train.Sightseeing Highlights
- Icefields Parkway Motor along this stunning highway.
- Columbia Icefield Ride an Ice Explorer on Athabasca Glacier.
- Jasper National Park Join a narrated walk along Maligne Canyon; spend two nights inside the National Park.
- Yoho National Park View the Natural Bridge, Spiral Tunnels and Emerald Lake.
- Banff National Park Explore this UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Moraine Lake View this stunning lake in the Valley of the Ten Peaks.
- Lake Louise Enjoy a guided walk along the lake.
- Banff Spend a relaxing three nights in this famed alpine resort town.
- Rocky Mountaineer Train Travel from the Rockies to the Pacific coast.
First Class Travel Highlights
- Welcome Reception with your Tour Director in Calgary.
- 5 full breakfasts.
- 2 continental breakfasts onboard the Rocky Mountaineer.
- 2 lunches onboard the Rocky Mountaineer.
- 2 three-course dinners.
- Farewell Dinner with wine in Banff.
- Includes all First Class features.
- The services of one of Trafalgar's professional Tour Directors (Days 1-7).
- Rocky Mountaineer train (RedLeaf Service) from Banff to Vancouver.
Assigned seating with extended legroom in a Classic Rail Car Large Picture Windows Live onboard commentary 2 continental breakfasts and 2 deli-style lunches served at your seat Complimentary snacks and non-alcoholic beverages Tourist Class hotel in Kamloops All transfers in Kamloops All tips to train personnel included.
- Airport transfers are provided on Day 1 and Day 8.
- Capture treasured memories of your trip with a complimentary group photo taken at a landmark location.
|Call (414) 271-4884 for more information or to book today! Mention code 10215846|
|Day 1||Calgary||ARRIVE CALGARY: Welcome to Calgary! Take your complimentary transfer to the tour hotel. This afternoon, meet your Tour Director who can answer any questions you may have about the exciting days ahead. At 6 p.m., gather at the hotel with your Tour Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.|
Delta Bow Valley (SF)
|Day 2||Jasper||CALGARY - ICEFIELDS PARKWAY - COLUMBIA ICEFIELD - JASPER (2 NIGHTS): Head north along the stunning Icefields Parkway, driving beneath snowcapped peaks, and alongside thundering waterfalls and glistening glaciers. Keep an eye out for wildlife including grizzly and black bears, moose, elk and mountain goats. Upon arrival at the Columbia Icefield, board an Ice Explorer for a unique journey onto the massive Athabasca Glacier. Stay tonight in the heart of Jasper National Park where you'll learn about Rocky Mountain wildlife at an interactive, after-dinner presentation by a local expert. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
The Sawridge Inn (SF)
|Day 3||Jasper||JASPER NATIONAL PARK SIGHTSEEING - AT LEISURE: Start the day with an optional cruise on Maligne Lake before embarking on an interpretive walk at Maligne Canyon, one of the most beautiful gorges in the Rockies. Learn about one of Canada's longest underground river systems while strolling along the canyon's trail, past beautiful waterfalls and spectacular rock formations. The rest of the day is yours to spend as you like: relish the superb vistas, stroll the quaint streets, or join one of the optional activities which include a gentle float trip down the Athabasca River or a guided alpine excursion to Mount Edith Cavell. (Full Breakfast)|
|Day 4||Banff||JASPER - LAKE LOUISE - MORAINE LAKE - BANFF (3 NIGHTS): Snow-capped peaks, ice-blue glaciers, pounding waterfalls and surging rivers dominate the landscape on the way to the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Banff National Park. Soon the stunning emerald and aquamarine lakes of the Rockies are revealed. Visit post-card perfect Lake Louise and take a narrated stroll along the lakeshore to learn about the geology and history of the area. Continue on to stunning Moraine Lake, nestled in the dramatic Valley of the Ten Peaks. Immerse yourself in the natural glories of Banff, including the classic viewpoint of Surprise Corner along Tunnel Mountain Drive, spectacular Bow Falls and the wind-shaped rock formations known as hoodoos. End the day in the quintessential alpine village of Banff for a relaxing three-night stay. (Full Breakfast / Dinner)|
Banff Park Lodge (F)
|Day 5||Banff||YOHO NATIONAL PARK - EMERALD LAKE - BANFF AT LEISURE: Cross the Continental Divide and set out for Yoho National Park with its towering waterfalls, spectacular scenery and natural bridge that spans the Kicking Horse River. You'll see Emerald Lake, sparkling with the blue-green hue of a precious jewel. Spend the rest of the day as you like - perhaps ride on the Banff Gondola to the top of Sulphur Mountain to experience a bird's eye view of six mountain ranges or a river float trip down the Bow River. Tonight, if the landscape makes you feel like singing, choose a fun outing at Banff's entertaining musical dinner theatre. (Full Breakfast)|
|Day 6||Banff||BANFF AT LEISURE: Today is yours to explore as you please. Browse the shops along Banff Avenue, take a hike and enjoy your spectacular setting or be wowed by birds-eye views of the Rockies with an optional scenic helicopter flight over Mount Assiniboine. Your Tour Director will be happy to assist you in planning your day. This evening, join your newfound friends at a festive Farewell Dinner. (Full Breakfast / Farewell Dinner)|
|Day 7||ROCKY MOUNTAINEER||BANFF - CALGARY - ROCKY MOUNTAINEER: After bidding farewell to your Tour Director, it's "All aboard!" the Rocky Mountaineer train in RedLeaf Service (GoldLeaf Service upgrade available) for a two-day independent daytime rail journey back to Vancouver. Travel through the incredible engineering feat of the Spiral Tunnels, past the glaciers of Kicking Horse Pass, under Mount McDonald and along the South Thompson River to historic Kamloops - "the meeting of the waters" - where you are transferred to your hotel. (Continental Breakfast / Lunch)|
Assigned by Rocky Mountaineer
|Day 8||Depart Vancouver||KAMLOOPS - ROCKY MOUNTAINEER - DEPART VANCOUVER: Continue your rail journey through the Thompson and Fraser Canyons. Approaching Vancouver, travel through the fertile fields of the Fraser River Valley and alongside the towering peaks of the Coast Mountains before arriving at approximately 5:30 p.m. Take a complimentary transfer to Vancouver International Airport or to the tour hotel downtown if you want to extend your stay. The train's arrival into Vancouver can be subject to delays so please allow plenty of time for your onward travel arrangements. (Continental Breakfast / Lunch)|
|All prices are per person, twin share.|
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class